Workshops & Courses /
Demystifying Machine Learning
Discover the creative potential of AI for critical & artistic projects
Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) open up a wide range of applications in the field of art and design, but also raise pressing questions and ethical dilemmas. This workshop provides a general introduction to AI/ML for people willing to use it in their creative practice. Applications we will discuss include facial or gesture recognition, sound analysis and generation, chatbots, and the production of images for design or concept art.
- Understand the underlying concepts & techniques of Machine Learning
- Gain an overview on the state of the art technologies, models and applications
- Break down the technical and conceptual aspects of artistic works using AI/ML
- Run practical exercises to apply these methods
- Discuss ethical dilemmas and develop critical thinking on the field
- Target group: Artists, students, arts technicians, developers, researchers. Anyone wishing to demystify AI in order to apply it in their artistic or critical projects
- Prerequisites: No previous experience of AI or computer programming is necessary
- Duration: 2 – 5 days
- Tools taught include: Teachable Machine, Tensor Flow, Stable Diffusion, ControlNet, p5.js
- Teacher: Aurélien Krieger, co-founder at Obsolete Studio
- Language: This workshop can be taught in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese
As we are constantly developing new contents, the learning objectives and formats can be flexible. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to develop a new syllabus or a learning experience tailored to your public.